WHERE KIDS PLAY & EXCEL BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL
Club Kid at The Center provides safe, fun, and supervised care before and after school for students in Kindergarten through middle schoolers (up to age 13) within the Middletown School District. The Y strives to provide an exciting and stimulating environment, giving children the opportunity to make activity choices that best suit their individual needs and interests while encouraging personal growth, socialization, and an appreciation for diversity. The YMCA Core Values of CARING, RESPECT, HONESTY, and RESPONSIBILITY are reflected in all that we do.
The AM Club Kid program helps children start the day right with activities such as arts and crafts, games, and quiet time for last-minute school projects. In the PM Club Kid program children choose their activities; snack, homework time, arts and crafts, outside play, gym time, and other special events to create a diverse afternoon full of FUN.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE Y HAS TO OFFER – Once you enroll your child(ren) in Club Kid, your family is eligible for a YMCA Family Advantage Membership plan. For just $36 per month, you will have access to all of our branch locations and their services and we’ll also waive your enrollment fee!
Children who attend the morning program must be dropped off at theCenter no earlier than 6:45 am and no later than 8:00am to be transportedvia the YMCA bus from The Center to their school for the start of the schoolday.
Following school dismissal, children who attend the afternoon program are transported via the YMCA bus from their school to the Center and must be picked up at The Center by 6:00pm.
For no additional charge, we provide this program on half days. AM participants may attend the before school session only. PM participants are transported to the Y immediately following the early dismissal time and must be picked up by the regular 6:00 pm program end time The Club Kid program is registered and licensed by the New York State Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS).
When the Middletown School District announces a 2-hour delay, the Club Kid program begins at 8:45 am and will transport students to their schools accordingly.
WHEN SCHOOLS OUT WE’RE HERE FOR YOU – School’s Out Vacation Camp offers families a safe place for children to play during school vacations such as winter recess and spring break as well as other school holidays. Click here to learn more about School’s Out Vacation Camp.
The Y strives to employ nurturing professionally trained individuals who will take time to get to know each participant and their family. All of our staff must fit the criteria set forth by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services and must be fingerprinted, have previous childcare experience, and be cleared by the N.Y. State Central Clearance. We provide our staff with extensive training throughout the year to ensure the highest quality program for your child.
Printable registration forms are available in Quick Links.
- Fees vary by school due to variations in the start and dismissal times of each school.
- You may register at any time throughout the school year, space permitting. Please note: There is a waiting period of 3 school days before your child can start the program.
- A non-refundable registration fee is required to hold placement and weekly payments are processed on Monday of each week.
- Registrations must include the registration fee and September payment at the time of registration and the automatic draft will begin the following Monday.
- In order for a child to attend Club Kid on the first day of school, registration MUST be submitted by August 28th. Registration forms submitted after August 31st are subject to a waiting period of 3 school days from the date of registration to the date a child may start Club Kid. Please Note: We do not offer the PM program for Kindergarten students who have 1/2 days during the first week of school.
- To register, email completed REGISTRATION PACKET along with current immunization forms to email@example.com. Current immunization records MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH PROGRAM REGISTRATION FORMS.
- CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS – All changes and cancellations require a 15 day notice in order to cancel or change a draft. All changes and cancellations are subject to a $10 fee which can be paid at the time of the adjustment or on the next draft.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE through our ACCESS program. Please note: the financial assistance process may take up to 4 weeks to complete. ACCESS APPLICATIONS are accepted starting July 15th.