WHERE KIDS PLAY & EXCEL BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL
Club Kid provides safe, fun, and supervised care before and after school at numerous elementary schools in Orange County. Click here to see if Club Kid is available in your school district (auto scroll to the section with the list.
In most districts, both before and after school care is available to children in grades K-5. The Monroe-Woodbury School District provides the program for K-8. Each Club Kid program follows their school district’s calendar. All of our Club Kid programs are registered and licensed by the New York State Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS).
The Y strives to provide an exciting and stimulating environment, giving children the opportunity to make activity choices that best suit their individual needs and interests while encouraging personal growth, socialization, and an appreciation for diversity. The YMCA Core Values of CARING, RESPECT, HONESTY, and RESPONSIBILITY are reflected in all that we do.
The AM Club Kid program helps children start the day right with activities such as arts and crafts, games, and quiet time for last-minute school projects. In the PM Club Kid program children have the opportunity to participate in activities; snack, homework time, arts and crafts, outside play, gym time, and other special events to create a diverse afternoon full of FUN.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE Y HAS TO OFFER – Once you enroll your child(ren) in Club Kid, your family is eligible for a YMCA Family Advantage Membership plan. For just $38 per month, you will have access to all of our branch locations and their services and we'll also waive your enrollment fee!
DROP OFF & PICK UP
• Children attending the AM Club Kid program must be signed in by an adult. Children in the Middletown School District must be dropped off at The Center For Youth Programs no earlier than 6:45 am and no later than 8:00 am to be transported via the YMCA bus from The Center to their school for the start of the school day.
• Children who attend the PM program must be signed out by an adult by 6:00pm.
For no additional charge, we provide this program on half days at limited sites. This program is ONLY available to PM participants. It begins following the early dismissal time and ends at the normal dismissal time. Please Note: Cornwall, Valley Central and Wallkill are not in position to offer Club Kid on half days.
Middletown, Minisink & Pine Bush are the ONLY districts that offer Club Kid when their district announces a 2-hour delay. All other district’s Club Kid programs are cancelled when there is a 2-hour delay.
WHEN SCHOOLS OUT WE’RE HERE FOR YOU - School's Out Vacation Camp provides a safe place for children to play during school vacations such as winter recess and spring break as well as other school holidays. Click here to learn more about School's Out Vacation Camp at the YMCA of Middletown, the South Orange Family YMCA and Camp Robbins.
The Y strives to employ nurturing professionally trained individuals who will take time to get to know each participant and their family. All of our staff must fit the criteria set forth by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services and must be fingerprinted, have previous childcare experience, and be cleared by the N.Y. State Central Clearance. We provide our staff with extensive training throughout the year to ensure the highest quality program for your child.
Registration forms can be found in Quick Links.
• Fees vary by school due to variations in start and dismissal times of each school. Please click on the name of your child’s school in the LOCATIONS list below to view the fees and additional information pertaining to Club Kid at that location.
• Registration begins June 1st for the upcoming school year.
• You may register at any time throughout the school year, space permitting. Please note: There is a waiting period of 3 school days before your child can start the program.
• A non-refundable registration fee is required to hold placement and monthly payments are due by the 1st of each month.
• Registrations received after August 16th must include the registration fee and September payment at the time of registration and the automatic draft will begin October 1st.
• In order for a child to attend Club Kid on the first day of school, registration MUST be submitted by August 28th. Registration forms submitted after August 28th are subject to a waiting period of 3 school days from the date of registration to the date a child may start Club Kid.
• To register, visit the YMCA of Middletown or the South Orange Family YMCA. Please Note: Students in the Middletown school district must submit a copy of current immunization records at the time of registration. Other districts do not require a copy of immunization records.
• CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS - All changes and cancellations require a 15 day notice prior to the 1st of the month draft date in order to cancel or change that draft. All changes and cancellations are subject to a $10 fee which can be paid at the time of the adjustment or on the next draft.
• FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE through our ACCESS program. Please note: the financial assistance process may take up to 4 weeks to complete. ACCESS APPLICATIONS are accepted starting July 15th.
LOCATIONS & CONTACTS
Please see the list below. If we do not currently offer Club Kid in your district, please don’t hesitate to call so that we may help you locate a before or after school program that will serve your needs.